Experienced Representation After Your Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injuries can be serious and may take a long time to heal. Often, they’re not properly diagnosed or treated, and the symptoms may take time to manifest. In fact, some symptoms may not start until well after the victim has left the emergency room or doctor’s office.
If you or a loved one has sustained a brain injury, contact Sarkisian Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation to determine the extent of your injury and claim. Our attorneys serve clients from our home state of Indiana, as well as neighboring Illinois residents. We will work diligently on your head injury case to help you find solutions.
Types Of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries are generally divided into two categories: acute or traumatic brain injuries and acquired brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries happen suddenly, often as the result of trauma to the head. Some common types include:
- Contusions: Essentially a “bruise” on the brain caused by a direct impact to the head
- Concussions: Often caused by direct force to the head, they may impact memory or speech patterns
- Penetrating brain injury: An object penetrates the skull and must be treated immediately, as these can be catastrophic injuries
- Coup-contrecoup brain injury: This is characterized by a contusion on one side of the brain, coupled with a contusion on the exact opposite side of the brain
- Diffuse axonal brain injury: Caused by strong rotational forces, this often results in tears to nerve tissue and may cause permanent brain damage or death
Acquired brain injuries are the result of strokes, hypoxia, tumors, near-drowning and other similar events. Common types include:
- Hypoxic brain injuries: The brain is deprived of blood flow and oxygen for a period of time
- Anoxic brain injury: The brain is deprived of oxygen for a period of time
Whatever brain injury you have suffered, our personal injury law firm is interested in hearing about your symptoms and documenting how this injury has affected your life. With this evidence, we will be prepared to bring an effective claim or lawsuit on your behalf against any person or organization whose negligence caused the car accident, workplace injury or medical mistake resulting in your traumatic brain injury.
Contact Sarkisian Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, it is important that you reach out to an experienced brain injury lawyer as soon as possible. Contact Sarkisian Personal Injury Lawyers today to schedule a consultation to discuss your legal needs by calling 219-733-8904. You can also send us a message online by filling out the contact form below.